Friday, July 3, 2009

Insanity Sewing




All sewing is insane to me! Anyone who knows me, knows that the word "sew" is as bad as a four-letter word! It doesn't bring out my best qualities, to say the least! Well, pregnancy does crazy things to people and since I wanted to do something special for Jav before little brother comes, I decided to make him a toddler bed sized blanket and matching mini-blankie (and yes, it's supposed to be frayed)! He is obsessed with blankets and tra-tra's (tractors) so this was my special project! As long as nobody looks to closely, it turned out alright! He loves it...that's the most important thing...well, that and that so far it's staying together (let's keep our fingers crossed)!
Disclaimer: Just because I sewed this blanket does not now, nor will it ever, mean that I will do lots of sewing projects or that I even remotely like doing it!

3 comments:

  1. They look great! I am so proud of you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and Amen. . .I hate sewing! I haven't looked at your blog forever. Holy cow, you are so close to having your other little guy!

    Good luck with the next few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not only do I hate sewing, I can't even do what you did, so a great big Yay! to you. :) I just continually remind Matt that I will never be a "frontier wife". LOL The blanket looks so cute! You're a good mom. :)

    ReplyDelete