Last week Javin came and told me he needed to go pee-pee. So we put him on the potty and he got nervous and wanted to get down. Then he went to his bedroom to get a diaper and pee'd on the floor! At least he knew he needed to go though!
So last night while we were cleaning up dinner Javin told us he needed to go pee-pee and wanted to go on the potty! So we put him on the potty and he was super nervous but with lots of cheering and promises of a treat he pee'd in the potty for the first time! We were so proud! And because we were so proud...he was so proud! Every time we ask him if he pee'd in the big boy potty he smiles and claps!
Let me remind you all that he is only 19 months old! We are not pressuring him but glad that he is choosing to go potty! The sooner the better!
That kid! My boys don't even care! I have tried without being pushy and they just don't get it. I guess if I got really serious about it they would probably be better! hmmm... I'm not ready yet! :-)
ReplyDeleteWow! Who are these boys, and why didn't I get one? My sister's little boy started training when he was about Javin's age. I changed Peyton's diapers until he was 3! Thankfully Meryn was just past 2. I'm super happy for you though, because having two in diapers is the pitts!
ReplyDelete