Today, as Jav was watching Shrek, he said, "Your a princess mom."
"I'm a princess?"
To which he replied with a mischevious smile, "No, you're not a princess."
"Oh, well what am I?"
"Your a mama!"
And that's the truth of it! In the worlds eye (and sometimes mine on a bad day) I am just a mama covered in bodily fluids, food, snot, and dirt. With my sweats and ponytail, I often look very disheveled and unattractive. To the world, I need a makeover (and I probably do)! To the world, I should use my education and do something important!
In the Lord's eye, I am a Queen. I am a woman who has given up much in order to raise my boys. I have submitted to the goo and gross stuff for a bigger purpose; for the most important job there is. I AM A MAMA! My boys don't care what I look like, they love me no matter what. They love me when I'm crabby, when I don't feel good, when I look horrible. They love me when they probably have good reason not too! They are the perfect example of perfect love, Christ's love!
So, yes, I might be in my sweats or pj's for the umpteenth day in a row, and I might not have make-up on, and I might smell like a mixture of dirt, spit, and cheerios but I am a QUEEN and I am a MAMA! I have the most important job on earth...and most of the time I do alright! I get paid in smiles, giggles, and snuggles. I get paid in thank you's and "you're the bestest mom ever!" I get paid in watching my boys grow up to be kind, thoughtful, unselfish, and forgiving! There is no salary better than this! For this, I am thankful!
Thanks I needed a good reminder of why we do what we do! ;)
ReplyDelete