Thursday, May 14, 2009
Sweet Freedom Meets Missed Little Hands and Snotty Noses
I have officially been husband and childless for 6 hours. Brandon took Javin to Utah for his little brother's state track meet. Thursday through Sunday all to myself. In their short abscence I organized Javin's room so that I can get double the stuff in it when Gatlin comes. Then I reorganized all of our paper/computer/coloring books/magazines. It's hard to imagine that at one point, this was my life. Alone and then just Brandon and I. There was always plenty of time and relaxation. Lots of peace and quiet. Now there is never enough time and never enough peace and quiet, but it's the best noise. It's happy noise. It's that sweet little boy saying "mama" 1 million times a day! It's hollering and jabbering non-stop! It's having everything I say repeated. It's laughter and giggles! It's joy beyond description! Do I and will I miss my boys while there are gone....YES! Will I embrace every second of peace and quiet with sheer delight...YES! The best thing about being a wife and mother is that you can love your husband and your children with every ounce of your being and still love being apart from them in short, peaceful increments! It doesn't mean you don't love them and love being with them, it just means you know how important it is to take care of you! We are no good to anyone else if we haven't taken care of ourselves! That is what this weekend alone is about for me! Rejuvenating myself so I can be the best wife and mom possible! Thanks to my amazing husband for offering to let me have this time! May he enjoy the chaos of childcare by himself! May he look down at his shirt and be covered in snot and food splotches. And may he come home with renewed appreciation for what it means to be a stay-at-home mom! I love you, babe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It's working opposite for me. Justin's the lucky one this weekend. but I sure am excited to see Javin and Brandon. But my mom is even more excited. She's given me a list a mile long to bring for the boys. Oh boy!
ReplyDelete