Ok blogging mommies...am I the only one that has kids that don't nap? Am I the only one that understands the mommy who drown her kids in a moment of complete and total insanity? Anyone else out there wish they worked or could afford a nanny? I read your blogs and it's all sunshine and giggles...SERIOUSLY?!!!? Let's not sugar coat mommyhood...we all want to go away on occasion. We have all raised our voices at our kids. We all have moments when our childs voice is more annoying than the emergency test buzzing on the tv. Admit it ladies, sometimes you would do anything to get rid of them or at least be able to leave at the drop of the hat so you could have break! If you read this and agree please comment because sometimes I feel like a crappy mom and I need my friends to admit that they have these feelings too...if you don't I'm pretty sure you are lying to yourself!
Am I totally and completely annoyed with my children today...YES! Javin won't nap! If I leave him in his room he takes off his pants and diaper, tears apart his bed, rips his books (even the cardboard ones)! Then he goes to the door and yells, then he starts screaming and doesn't stop! He climbs on top of his changing table and screams harder cause he can't get down. I can't do quiet time cause he is incapable of sitting still or being quiet! I can't lock myself in a room cause who knows what I will find when I come out! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Gatlin is a good and happy baby only he doesn't sleep for more than about 30 minutes at time. Sometimes he'll sleep for an hour to an hour and a half but that's it. I want to cry and scream and disappear sometimes...actually I go through each of these feelings at some point during every day. Yes, it will get better. Yes, I will miss these days when they are gone...blah, blah, blah! Right now, I can't wait until they are in school all day long!
Bad day huh! Taylor and Brax went through a three week period with no napping! UGH! But finally they are back to naps! Hopefully they get better soon!!!
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain! Mac is going nuts stuck inside all day. Let's get together again and hang out, then at least we can have someone to complain to in person :)
ReplyDeleteAmy will turn 30 in January and has always been a good napper, however, lately she's been pretty busy so the naps get a little shorter on occasion. Sara, on the other hand, has just recently turned 31 and she loves to nap. Oh, it is so wonderful to have perfect children. Did I mention that they always pick up and put away their toys? Sorry you're having issues w/ yours, Shilo. :) Love, Susan
ReplyDeleteSo... I have my moments too! In fact, I was recently feeling like I need a SERIOUS break from my kids, as much as I love 'em. I ended up spending a week in the hospital, and while it wasn't the ideal vacation spot, I have to say that it was really nice not having the daily responsibilities of parenthood! You don't realize how busy and stressed you get, until you get time away. Now that I'm back with my kids, I feel like I can handle things a little better, like I was rejuvinated, you know? Maybe it's time for you to look up cruises or vacation spot, eh?(preferably not the hospital!) :P
ReplyDeleteHa ha took the words right out of my mouth. I post stuff like that all the time just not on my blog I let it out on facebook so all my friends think I'm crazy! Kylie doesn't nap and I think Ellis is a crack baby! He doesn't even stop in his sleep. He still has a bald spot because he sits up and rocks himself in his sleep. He does it so hard my house shakes!
ReplyDeleteI tell Jace all the time that I wish I still had a teaching job. But childcare is so much and I don't know anybody I would really trust to watch my kids that long. ahhh so what do we do. Just go crazy I guess. Its sad that I look forward to going grocery shopping because that is my only outing. I personally don't think I'll miss these days maybe in the future when I fantasize about what I wish it would have been like. haha Hope you are feeling better and Have a great Holiday season because I know it is your favorite!!
Love Amy
I feel for ya! Sometimes I feel the same but I have to admit that my boys napping really does help me stay sane. Sorry yours don't! Gav was like Gat for a while but I would make him stay in his crib for an hour before I'd get him out. For a few weeks he'd just cry when he woke after 20-30 mins, but I hoped it would pay off. And it did. He now naps! I know, I'm mean huh, but in the long run it feels so much better :) I know all kids are different sleepers though so good luck.
ReplyDeleteSo funny to read this today. I actually locked myself in the bathroom this morning just for a few seconds of peace.
ReplyDeleteI finally got to the point where I turned the doornob around so I can lock Sasha in her room for some quiet/nap time. Braden can't get out of his crib yet (at least that he knows about), so he gets to spend time in there. If they are doing well for the day they get to sleep on their sleeping bags that Santa brought them and that has seemed to help with the napping. I'm so sorry, and wish that I didn't feel the same way most days. It has gotten a little better as they are getting a little older, I can negotiate with them on occasion. Good luck.
ReplyDelete